The Bridge to Bridge Run/Walk on Monday, September 2 starts at 7 a.m. in Peoria with runners traveling southwest on Adams Street to Kumpf Boulevard, where they will travel east on the Bob Michel Bridge in the westbound lane. Runners will enter East Peoria, travel the bike trail and return to Peoria on the Cedar Street Bridge. In Peoria, the runners will then travel northeast on Washington Street to Walnut Street, then back down to Water Street to the finish line.
Motorists need to watch for runners and walkers in the race areas.
East Peoria Impacted Areas
- West Washington Street and River Road – intermittent traffic stoppages as groups of runners and walkers pass through.
- Clock Tower Drive - East Peoria Police will encourage runners to remain on the sidewalk, although motorists should watch for people on the road.
- Roundabout - intermittent traffic stoppages at approximately 7:20 a.m.
- Edmund Street and the westbound ramp to the Cedar Street Bridge - the ramp will be closed to all traffic.
- Outside westbound lane of the Cedar Street Bridge - closed to all traffic from 7 until 9 a.m.
Peoria Impacted Intersections
- Water and Liberty
- Water and Harrison
- Liberty and Washington
- Liberty and Adams
- Adams and Harrison
- Adams and Kumpf
- Washington and Harrison
- Macarthur and Washington
- Washington and Persimmon
Motorists should use caution driving through these areas and consider using alternate routes.