Recycling Drop Off Locations
Due to the significant financial impact from multiple revenue sources that the City is experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 emergency, East Peoria’s curbside recycling program is suspended from May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021.
Residents who want to recycle while East Peoria’s recycling program is temporarily suspended can take their materials to the free recycling drop offs at Area Recycling, Inc.and Midwest Fiber Recycling.
14379 Illinois Route 29
Open 24-hours daily
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Paper and cardboard
- Plastics with recycling code #1 and #2
- Glass, which should be kept separate from the other recyclable items
- Shredded paper (must be in a clear plastic bag or brown paper bag
Lids should be left on containers such as milk jugs and plastic and glass bottles so the lids can be sorted correctly.
Questions can be directed to Area Recycling at 309-353-3333, via email at email@example.com or on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/peoriadisposalcompany/.
11709 N Galena Road Chillicothe
(corner of Route 29 and Old Galena Road, just south of the Caterpillar Inc. Mossville facility)
7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Paper - newspapers, magazines, catalogs, phone books, junk mail and envelopes, office paper, copy paper, school paper, hard back and soft back books, brown paper sacks, shredded paper placed in a clear plastic bag
- Plastic - clear and colored coded #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7; water and soda bottles, milk jugs, juice beverage jugs, detergent and fabric softener bottles, household cleaner bottles, yogurt containers, margarine tubs, ketchup containers
- Metal - aluminum cans, aluminum foil, aluminum trays, steel cans, tin containers, aerosol cans, metal lids
- Glass - beverage containers, food containers, jars
- Cardboard - cereal boxes, paperboard boxes, soda and beer cases, shoe boxes, frozen food boxes
Questions can be directed to Midwest Fiber Recycling at 309-579-2605 or visit the Midwest Fiber Recycling website.