Area Services & Support
SNAP Online Purchasing Plan
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) approved IDHS’ SNAP Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Online implementation plan, which gives SNAP customers the ability to enter their Personal Identification Number (PIN) to order groceries online. All SNAP recipients with Link cards in Illinois will be able to participate.
Searchable Online Map to Find Food Pantries and School Meal Distribution Sites
A searchable online map is available for finding local food pantries and school meal distribution sites across the Tri-Counties. It can be searched by city or address. Be sure to adjust the distance range for the broadest search. While much of the information has been recently updated, given demand, it’s a good idea to call ahead.
Driver’s License and REAL ID Deadlines
Here are some reminders for those needing state driver services such as license renewals and license plate stickers:
- Expirations for driver's licenses and ID cards have been extended until June 1, 2021.
- Expanded online services are available at www.cyberdriveillinois.com. Services include:
- Renewing a license plate sticker.
- Renewing a valid driver's license for qualifying drivers.
- Renewing a valid ID card for those age 22 - 64 (seniors 65 and older have free, non-expiring IDs).
- Obtaining a driver record abstract.
- Filing Business Services documents such as incorporations and annual reports.
- Customers with issues involving administrative hearings may contact email@example.com.
- The REAL ID deadline has been pushed back to October 1, 2021.
Guidance for Disinfecting Businesses
Looking for guidance on cleaning and disinfecting your home, school or workplace? Check out the Centers for Disease Control Guidelines for help.
Legionnaires’ Disease Prevention When Reopening A Business
If your business is currently closed, be aware that there are precautions to take before reopening to prevent a Legionnaries’ Disease Outbreak. Because your business has been closed, there may be stagnant water in the plumbing. Stagnant water can cause conditions that increase the risk of bacteria growth, like Legionella. Legionnaires’ Disease is a serious lung infection.
East Peoria Online Building Permit Application
An online East Peoria building permit application is now available to assist contractors with construction projects.