PROCEDURE FOR APPLYING FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED WITH ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO THE EAST PEORIA FIRE & POLICE COMMISSION.
- Attend mandatory orientation.
- Having attained the minimum age of 21 years at date of orientation.
- Be under age of 35 unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Citizen of the United States.
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Ability to pass each phase of the Police Officer examination process.
- Valid driver's license.
- All applicants are subject to the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire & Police Commission.
The following forms must be completed and returned with your completed application:
- Authorization for Release of Information.
- Acknowledgement/Consent for Background and Credit History.
- Authorization to Take Specimen for Drug Screening Release.
- Release of All Liability.
The following items must be provided with your completed application:
- A color copy of applicant's driver's license or other photo I.D.
- A copy of applicant's birth certificate.
- A copy of applicant's high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.