Wait List Application Information
The East Peoria Housing Authority offers two different housing programs:
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program for lower income persons and families allowing them to rent on the open market from a private landlord and receive financial help with the rent.
- Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Program for lower income persons, 55 and older to rent efficiencies and one-bedroom size units leased at Leisure Acres Phase I.
Applications for Housing Choice Voucher Program
How to Apply to the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List
The City of East Peoria Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List will open on July 1, 2020 at 9:00am (CT) and will remain open until July 15, 2020 at 11:59pm (CT). Only 500 applications will be made active, the remaining applications will be placed on the waitlist in an inactive status until the first list is exhausted. Only online applications will be accepted. The online application portal will be available 24 hours a day.
This waiting list has the following local preferences:
- Family and/or elderly/disabled households
- Applicants residing within Corporate City limits of East Peoria at the time of application
- Applicants residing within Tazewell County but outside the Corporate City limits of East Peoria at time of application.
Applicants will be placed on waiting list by preference, date and time of application received.
The City of East Peoria Housing Authority serves Tazewell County, Illinois
Applicants who need assistance completing the application due to disability can make a reasonable accommodation request to the housing authority by calling (309) 698-4718.
Applications for Project-Based Voucher Program
Applications for the Leisure Acres Phase I Project Based Voucher program are accepted on the second Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to noon at:
Housing Authority Office
401 W Washington Street
East Peoria, IL 61611
Persons 55 and older who wish to make an application must do so in person during this designated time. Placement on the wait list is based upon the date and time the application is made.
Elderly and/or disabled persons unable to physically come into the office to make an application may have someone pick the application up for them during the designated application time, or they may request an application be mailed to them.