- Buildings & Inspections
- Building Regulations
Building Regulations & Standards
The Building Regulations division of the Buildings and Inspections Department ensures that structures are safe for occupancy, based on the regulation of construction standards as adopted by the East Peoria Code of Ordinances and the following:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2012 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- Illinois State Plumbing Code (latest edition)
This division of the department handles all related permits and inspections. Informational brochures are available as downloadable files, and also in the department, explaining the process and procedures required for permits and inspections.
- Commercial Building Regulations in East Peoria (PDF)
- General Landscaping Requirements (PDF)
- Knox-Box Compliance and Ordering Information
- Scenic Area Landscaping Requirements (PDF)
Sign permits ensure that sign construction and materials conform to the provisions of the City Code. A permit is required for the installation, repair or replacement of any sign within the city limits. The application should include a site plan and detailed sketch of the proposed sign or sign changes. An electrical permit may also be required.
The permit review process is usually completed in two to three business days and if the application and plans comply with the City Code, a sign permit is issued. An inspection is required upon completion of the sign installation.
Applications are also available at the Planning and Development Office, or you may request one by calling 309-698-4717. The completed application can be dropped off, mailed or faxed to 309-698-4719.
If you have any questions regarding the requirements or application process, please call our office or email our Building Inspector.