FOLEPI River Trail Classic
Date & Time
- Saturday, November 30, 2019
- 4-mile competitive run at 9 a.m.
- 2-mile non-competitive walk at 8:30 a.m.
The 29th annual FOLEPI River Trail Classic is an Illinois Valley Striders-sanctioned grand prix event that attracts participants from throughout the country. The event is open to men, women and children of all ages. Dogs are not allowed on the course.
The 4-mile run occurs on a scenic, mostly downhill, point-to-point course on the East Peoria River Trail of Illinois. Transportation is provided from the Fon du Lac Park District Administration Building, 201 Veterans Drive, East Peoria, to the starting line on Frevent Road from 7:45 to 8:40 a.m. The bus for walkers leaves park district administration building at 8:15 a.m.
Entry Fee (non-refundable) and How To Pay
- $40 pre-registration received by October 31, 2019 includes a gender specific, half-zip, long-sleeve running shirt with thumb holes and back zippered pocket. Shirt sizes are not guaranteed after October 31, and there will be a limited availability of shirts on race day.
- UPDATE: A quantity of extra shirts in various sizes were ordered, so specific sizes can still be ordered. But don't delay, register for the River Trail Classic as soon as possible.
- $20 for run or walk only, no shirt.
Ways to enter and pay:
- Register and pay online.
- Download the entry form (PDF) and mail it with a check.
- Download the entry form and take it to EastSide Centre, 1 EastSide Drive, to pay with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- Pick up the entry form at East Peoria City Hall, Fon du Lac Park District Administration Building, EastSide Centre and Fondulac Banking Center and mail it with a check.
- Take a completed entry form to EastSide Centre, 1 EastSide Drive, East Peoria to pay with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- Call EastSide Centre at 309-698-5437 to register and pay by phone with credit/debit card.
New Awards for 2019
Awards will be presented to the top three overall male and female finishers and the top three male and female finishers in five-year age divisions from age 10 to 75. No awards are presented in the 2-mile walk.
New Post-Race Party Location
The post-race party will occur at Mickie's Pizzeria, 1051 East Washington Street, East Peoria. All River Trail Classic finishers will receive pizza, and those age 21 and older will receive a free beer.
For more information, call Jim McIntyre at 309-253-2420.