- Festival of Lights
- Other Activities & Displays
- Christmas Splendor Contest
Christmas Splendor Contest
Folepi Christmas Splendor
- First place - Tony and Carrie Howard of 159 Cracklewood Lane
- Second place - Terry Swisher of 110 Canterbury Court
- First place - Gary Fugitt of 512 High Oak Drive
- Second place - Heather Mingus of 102 Donald Court
- First place - Robert Sally of 310 Edmund Street
- Second place - Brandy Kidd of 419 Neumann Drive
- First place - Sweet Accents at 435 Taylor Street
- Second place - St. Peter's Lutheran Church at 200 Cole Street
Neighborhood - South Hawthorne Avenue
Spirit Award - Shelton Schuster of 2100 Fondulac Drive
See the list of all Christmas Splendor contest entrants (PDF).
First place Folepi Christmas Splendor - Tony and Carrie Howard, 159 Cracklewood Lane
Second place Folepi Christmas Splendor - Terry Swisher, 110 Cantebury Court
First place Traditional - Robert Sally, 310 Edmund Street
Second place Traditional - Brandy Kidd, 419 Neumann Drive
First place Festive Inflatables - Gary Fugitt, 512 High Oak Drive
Second place Festive Inflatables - Heather Mingus, 102 Donald Court
First place Business - Sweet Accents, 435 Taylor Street
Second place Business - St. Peters Lutheran Church, 200 Cole Street
Spirit Award - Shelton Schuster, 2100 Fondulac Drive
East Peoria residents, businesses and neighborhoods showed their holiday spirit by entering the Christmas Splendor Exterior Decorating Contest, presented by the East Peoria Beautification Commission and part of the East Peoria Festival of Lights.
- Folepi Christmas Splendor - excessive use of outdoor lighting and decorations, the more the merrier
- Festive Inflatables - five or more inflatables on display
- Traditional - anything from simple to elegant
In addition, one house receives the Spirit Award, which is the judges' choice.
Judging will start on Tuesday, December 13 and conclude by Wednesday, December 14. All entrants must have the outdoor holiday lights on between 5:30 and 9 p.m. those nights. Contest displays must be visible from curbside.
Awards will be presented at the Tuesday, December 20 East Peoria City Council meeting. The first and second place winners of each building category and the winner of the Spirit Award will receive Festival of Lights ornaments. The Neighborhood Division winner will receive a yard sign.