Departments City Clerk
EAST PEORIA CAMPAIGN SIGN REGULATIONS:
1. Only one political sign per candidate or issue in any local, state or national election per lot.
2. Signs shall not exceed five (5) square feet when located in residential zoning districts or on property used residentially. This allows political signs on residential propreties to be the same size as a typical residential "For Sale" sign.
3. Business or manufacturing zones may have up to a thirty-two (32) square foot sign. This allows signs in these areas to be placed on a 4x8 sheet of plywood or some variation.
4. Political signs must be placed on private property, with the owner's permission, not in the public right-of-way (ROW) adjacent to the street pavement.
4. Political signs placed in the right-of-way will be removed as often these signs interfere with a clear view for drivers. Right-of-way (ROW) is about ten (10) feet or more on each side of street pavement, and goes up to and includes the telephone poles, telephone boxes, etc. Please locate signs back from utilities.
5. All political signs must be removed within seven (7) days after the election.
Call 698-4715 if there are questions about the campaign sign code.